NAME Roebuck/Roebuck House/Roebuck Court
AREA LOCATION Corner of Clonskeagh Road and Leinster Lawn
MAP LOCATION OSI maps of 1838-1845 and 1898-1913 place it in the townland of Roebuck
it is annotated at Roebuck and Roebuck House respectively.
GENERAL The house name was changed from Roebuck to Roebuck House circa 1850
and is now part of Roebuck Court. The house had two gatelodges, both are extant (Brookville,
Clonskeagh Road being one).
YEAR BUILT Circa 1850
VALUATION In 1901 the rateable valuation was pounds.
ROOMS On the 1901 census it is noted as having 13 rooms occupied by family.
SOURCES Thom’s directories, contemporaneous newspapers, OSI Maps and NAI
Census & Wills
1850 - 1878 James Forrest
1900 - 1903 Henry Joseph Gill, publisher
1903 - 1905 Mrs Mary Julia Gill
1905 - 1906 To Let
1907 - 1916 Major John McBride
1916 - 1953 Maud Gonne McBride
1927 - 1988 Sean McBride
1992 Apartments built in the grounds
1851 - 1853 Mr Maher - Gardener
1859 - 1864 Mr Bird - Gardener/Steward
1901 - 1902 Peter Inglis - Garden living at the gate lodge.
STATUS Extant and part of an apartment complex called Roebuck Court.
CONTRIBUTOR © June Bow/Karen Poff
DATE April 2019