NAME Edenfield/Eden Park/St Stephen's School
AREA LOCATION Kilmacud Road upper, now the site of Eden Park Road and Eden Park Drive.
MAP LOCATION OSI maps of 1838-1845 and 1898-1913 place it in the townland of Drummartin
and it is annotated as Eden Park on both.
GENERAL A large house with a substantial ballroom. In 1923 it was sold in 4 lots;
Drummartin Lodge with 5 acres, Eden Park with farm buildings, gardens and 13 acres, 2 x 2
roomed cottages and 20 acres of farmland. It become a school circa 1950 and the farm became
known as Lamberts farm about 1944 when the balance of the land was sold off for housing. Eden
Farm was sold to De La Salle Brothers in 1964.
YEAR BUILT circa 1820
VALUATION In 1912 the valuation was 64 pounds and in the 1911 census it is noted as
having 14 rooms occupied by family.
SOURCES Thom’s directories, contemporaneous newspapers, OSI Maps and NAI Census
1828 - 1829 Mr Segrave
1837 - 1841 Lawrence Finn, Brewer of Bishop Street
1841 - 1843 Sir Nicholas Fitzsimons
1846 - 1847 Ambrose Lynch Berry Esq.
1849 Leonard Trant, Surgeon and his wife Mary Maria
1852 Theobald McKenna, QC
1854 John McKenna
1858 Mrs Maria Radice
1859 - 1878 Henry Hutton Esq., JP
1879 - 1883 Mrs Hutton
1884 - 1897 Richard Williams Barrington Esq.
1898 - 1922 Mrs. Williams Barrington (Henrietta)
1923 For sale
1926 - 1941 Mr Richard Henderson Alcock
1941 Mrs Alcock & George her son
1950-1963 St Stephen’s School
1849 Michael Carroll - Gatelodge keeper
1886 Patrick Quinn – Gatelodge keeper
1911 Mr Murphy – Gardener
Margaret Hourigan - Housemaid
Kate Shaw - Between maid
Mary Rogers - Cook
Margaret Miles(?) - Tablemaid
1940's Paddy Cleary - worker on Lambert's farm
STATUS No longer extant
CONTRIBUTOR © June Bow & Karen Poff
DATE July 2018