NAME Amana/Coolgarrif/Willowgarth/Willow Garth
AREA LOCATION Glenalbyn Road
MAP LOCATION OSI map of 1898-1913 place it straddling the townlands of Stillorgan Grove and
Stillorgan South and it is annotated at Amana.
GENERAL Amana originally on 19 acres. The land to the rear of the house backed onto Ulster
Terrace and had a private gate to the short lived Stillorgan Park Golf Club and links. An Edwardian
property built by the Orr family in 1902/3. The name was changed to Coolgariff by 1916 and to
Willowgarth by 1974. It had four reception rooms, five bedrooms, a conservatory and a self contained
granny flat when put up for sale in 1986.
YEAR BUILT circa 1902
VALUATION In 1912 the valuation was 43 pounds and in the 1901 census it is noted as
having 9 rooms occupied by family.
SOURCES Thom’s directories, contemporaneous newspapers, OSI Maps and NAI Census
1902 - 1912 Mark Louis Orr
1913 Amana for sale on 1/2 acre
1916 F Kelly (see Easter rising- lifted to Frongoch)
1918 - 1921 Stephen Kelly ( Architect)
1921 Coolgariff for Sale
1925 - 1935 John McManus
1935 - 1963 Richard Noel Kennedy
1974 Nancy Jackson
1986 Willowgarth on 1/2 acre for sale with OPP for 7 apartments (attained 123K).
STATUS Extant and in use as a family home.
CONTRIBUTOR © June Bow & Karen Poff
DATE October 2019