NAME Roebuck Park
AREA LOCATION To the west of the Goatstown Road. Between what is now Larchfield Park and Mount Carmel Road.
OSI maps of 1838-1845 and 1898-1913 place it in the townland of Roebuck and it is annotated as
Roebuck Park on both.
GENERAL A Victorian house with a fine cut granite portico approached by seven granite steps and a cast iron ornate
ballustrade. Two storey over basement five bay house with double arched windows above to portico.
YEAR BUILT circa 1790
VALUATION In 1910 the valuation was 212 pounds.
OF ROOMS In 1901 cencus it is noted as having 20 rooms occupied by family.
SOURCES Thom’s directories, contemporaneous newspapers, OSI Maps,
Registry of Deeds, NAI Census & Wills.
1797 - 1824 Daniel Kinahan (1756)
1824 - 1860 Daniel Kinahan (son of the above)
1860 - 1903 George Kinahan
1903 – 1914 Margaret Hayes Kinahan
1915 – 1919 W G Kinahan
1919 House for sale on 45 acres
1930 - 1933 John Murray
1939 D. A. Wallis
1955 Evelyn Murray
1959 Dr. N. Murray, Agr. Forest. R., Forestry Consultant
1950’s Land sold off for housing
1849 Anthony Lelis - Gateporter
1901 Kate Cluny - Cook
Annie Poole - Miad
Margaret Gilchrist - Housemaid
Ellen McKeown - General domestic
Alexander Hall - Butler
William Carter - Footman
1911 Kate Clancy - Cook
Mary Doran - Housemaid
Lizzie Kavanagh - Parlour Maid
Bridget Byrne - Kitchenmaid
STATUS No Longer extant
CONTRIBUTORS © June Bow & Karen Poff
DATE November 2016