AREA LOCATION Cross Avenue, Booterstown
MAP LOCATION OSI maps of 1838-1845 and 1898-1913 place it in the townland of Williamstown
and it is annotated as Clareville on both.
GENERAL Clareville, a mid-eighteenth century house in the grounds of Blackrock College,
demolished in 1990 and replaced by the two modern houses on Cross Avenue. Described as two storey
with a gazebo window (central bay) by the builder.
YEAR BUILT circa 1754
VALUATION In 1862 the valuation was 62 pounds.
ARCHITECT Unknown, Thomas Keatinge builder
SOURCES Thom's, contemporaneous newspapers, NAI Census & Wills, OSI Maps, South
Dublin Historical Mapping.
1752 Thomas Keatinge builder leased land from Lord Fitzwilliam
1756 Mrs Ellen Weld
1810 Mrs Kenny
1813 William Kenny
1814 William Marsden
1822 To let for 1-3 years
1832 - 1835 Sir Ross Mahon
1836 - 1838 Mrs Ross Mahon
1842 - 1852 Michael O'Donnell of 38 Bridge Street
1853 - 1855 William O'Donnell
1856 - 1896 Bolton Massey family
1897 Miss Barbara Marti
1898 - 1900 William Stafford Delmege sells to Blackrock College
1938 Patrick Daly, Clareville GateLodge
STATUS No longer extant
CONTRIBUTOR © June Bow & Karen Poff
DATE November 2019