NAME Oakley Lodge/Oakley Park
AREA LOCATION Carysfort Avenue, Blackrock. Adjacent to All Saint's Church with a gatelodge on
MAP LOCATION OSI maps of 1838-1845 and 1898-1913 place it in the townland of Stillorgan Park
and is annotated as Oakley Park on both maps. In 1815 it was called Oakley Lodge
and by 1821 it was known as Oakley Park.
GENERAL Detached residence set on 20 acres with a walled garden/nursery.
YEAR BUILT circa 1780
VALUATION In 1912 the valuation was 100 pounds and in the 1911 census it is noted as having
9 rooms occupied by the family.
SOURCES Thom’s directories, contemporaneous newspapers, Griffith's Valuation, NAI Census
and Wills & OSI Maps.
1815 For Sale
1821 To be Let
1835 To be Let
1836 - 1847 D'Alton McCarthy
1848 - 1849 William Patrick Dowling
1860 - 1861 Daniel Dolan
1860 - 1879 Patrick Dolan
1880 William Ryves Allen
1887 - 1897 Michael Nugent
1898 Lands taken over by Fortfield Nurseries
1900 John Henderson & Sons, Nurserymen
1903 Matthew & Margaret Henderson
1907 - 1936 Messrs. Alexander Dickson & sons
1911 Andrew Dickson - Nurseryman
1940 - 1956 Dr & Mrs McLysagth
1863 Osbornes (living at the gatelodge)
1869 Maria Mason - Housemaid
Hannah Flynn - Cook
1901 Arthur St Aubyn Tehan - Nursery foreman lived at Oakley Park Lodge
Christopher Tehan - Nursery Worker lived at Oakley Park Lodge
1911 Agnes Walker - Housemaid
Annie Fay - Cook
STATUS No longer extant.
CONTRIBUTOR © June Bow & Karen Poff
DATE March 2018