AREA LOCATION Mountbrook, Stillorgan dual carriage way (N11) facing Foster's Avenue.
MAP LOCATION OSI maps of 1838-1845 and 1898-1913 place it in the townland of
Mount Merrion or Callary and it is annotated as Seafield on both. It is on
Duncan's 1821 map and Taylors map of 1816 annotated as Seafield.
GENERAL It was for sale in 1836 on 25 acres, described as a four reception, six bedroom house with
a billiard room, stabling for ten horses. It had coach houses, stores rooms, a dairy and a laundry.
YEAR BUILT 1780
SOURCES Thom’s directories, OSI maps, NAI Census & Wills, Registry of
Deeds and contemporaneous newspapers.
1829 - 1845 Thomas Beasley
1836 For Sale
1858 - 1873 Thomas Crozier
1873 - 1878 William Hardy
1879 - 1891 Frederick Hardy
1892 - 1899 Mrs Mary Hardy
1899 - 1910 William Hardy
1937 Irish Homes (Ireland) Ltd
1949 Proposed development of terraced and semi-detached houses and semi-detached bungalows.
1996 Mountbrook built
1863 Mr Nugent - Gardener
STATUS No longer extant
CONTRIBUTOR © June Bow & Karen Poff
DATE April 2018