Tracing your Ancestors in the Revolutionary Period
Family History Research Sources
We are delighted to partner with the Accredited Genealogists Ireland (AGI) for this series of lectures for Adult Learners’ Week 2016.
22 February - 26 February at 1pm each day
Members of AGI will present a lecture introducing genealogical sources that might be used to document ancestors who were alive in 1916 or who were active during the Rising. While the sources will be discussed in the context of the Rising, they are not all exclusive to that period or specifically for Dublin City.
The programme of lectures that will be presented are as follows:
1. Were your Ancestors active in 1916?: Sources in the Irish Military Archives
2. Reporting on the Rising: Using Irish Newspapers in the National Library of Ireland
3. Census Returns, Electoral Rolls and Covenants: Where were your ancestors in 1916?
4. The records of Dublin’s Congregations at the time of the Rising
5. Researching the Rising: a case study from the National Archives of Ireland
Booking is not required and all are welcome!