- The Register of the Parish of Saint Peter and Saint Kevin 1669-1761, published in 1911 by William Pollard & Co. Ltd. – Christening, marriage, and burial registers from the first two surviving parish registers. This publication is volume 9 in the Parish Register Society of Dublin series.
- The Registers of the Church of St. Michan 1636-1700, published in 1909 by Alexander Thom & Co. – These registers from St. Michan are some of the oldest surviving Irish parish records. Taken from four different parish registers, this publication contains christening, marriage, and burial records. This publication is part of the Parish Register Society of Dublin series, comprising volumes 2, 3, and 7.
- Marriage Entries from the Registers of the Parishes St. Andrew, St. Anne, St. Audoen, & St. Bride 1632-1800, published in 1913 by William Pollard & Co. Ltd. – This publication, comprising volume 11 of the Parish Register Society of Dublin series, includes marriage records and appendixes of occupations and places contained within this volume. This contains some of the oldest surviving Irish parish records and the only surviving records from the Parish of St. Bride. Some records related to famous individuals can be found within its pages, like the marriage record for Wolfe Tone, the father of Irish republicanism and co-founder of the Society of United Irishmen.
- The Register of St. Nicholas Without 1694-1739, published 1912 by William Pollard & Co. Ltd. – Volume 10 of the Parish Register Society of Dublin contains some of the earliest surviving registers for baptisms, marriages, and deaths from the Church of St. Nicholas Without. Worship services were held in the north transept of the Cathedral Church of St. Patrick and burials took place in the Cabbage Garden adjacent the cathedral.
- Marriage Entries in the Registers of the Parishes of S. Marie, S. Luke, S. Catherine and S. Werburgh 1627-1800, published in 1915 by William Pollard and Co. Ltd. – Part of the Parish Register Society of Dublin, this publication contains some of the most complete marriage records: where entries were missing, the editor supplemented the entries with information from other sources, such as the Dublin Grant Book and Prerogative Grant Book. Marriage entries span the following years: St. Marie (1697-1800), St. Luke (1716-1800), St. Catherine (1715-1800), and St. Werburgh (1704-1800).
- The Registers of St. John the Evangelist 1619-1699, published in 1906 by Alexander Thom & Co. – This publication is the first volume of the Parish Register Society of Dublin series. Registers from St. John the Evangelist are the earliest known surviving Irish registers. They contain all the christening, marriage, and burial records from the first two folio parchment registers for St. John’s parish. Also contained within this publication are entries from the Churchwardens’ Books, lists of parish cess (church tax) payers (for years 1621, 1646, 1687), and the English who fled to the parish due to the Irish Rebellion of 1641.
- The Registers of St. Catherine 1636-1715, published in 1908 by William Pollard & Co. Ltd. – Volume 5 of the Parish Register Society of Dublin, contains the parish registers of St. Catherine, which are some of the oldest in Ireland, likely dating back to the Canon of 1634, which instructed Irish parishes and chapels to keep accounts of their christenings, marriages, and burials: ‘In every parish church and chapel within this realm shall be provided one parchment book at the charge of the parish, wherein shall be written the day and year of every christening, wedding, and burial’. This volume is divided into two chapters, the first being extracts from the register of St. Catherine and St. James, Dublin, 1636-1687 and the second being the register of St. Catherine, Dublin, 1679-1715. Also included are extracts from the Subsidy Roll, City of Dublin, 1637 and from Hearth Money Roll, City of Dublin, 1666-67, as well as indexes for persons and places.
- The Registers of St. Patrick 1677-1800, published in 1907 by Alexander Thom & Co. – This publication is volume 2 of the Parish Register Society of Dublin and is largely comprised of baptism and burial records. Included are the burial records are some of Dublin’s most distinguished citizens, such as Jonathan Swift and several archbishops.
- North Strand, Clonliffe Road & Summerhill District Census Index 1901, published in 1998 by the Genealogical Society of Ireland – This index was compiled by Marie Keogh and pertains to the District Electoral Division No 38. This district covers the land surrounded by the North Strand, Clonliffe Road, and Summerhill in northern Dublin. The index holds more than 3,500 names and addresses. The 1901 census was taken on 31 March 1901 and was the first to cover the whole of Ireland.
- Booterstown School Registers 1862-1872 & 1891-1939, published in 1998 by the Genealogical Society of Ireland – This publication was compiled by Frieda Carroll. These school registers may be able to give you details pertaining to why your ancestor left school or where they went to after Booterstown School. Earlier records were more detailed in this regard. Later records will usually only indicate where a child came from.
- Whitelaw’s Census Street Index Dublin City 1798, published in 1998 by the Genealogical Society of Ireland – This index was extracted by Sean Magee from Whitelaw’s Census, being an account of the 1798 census of Dublin. It is broken up into two parts: an alphabetical index by street and an alphabetical index by parish.
- Petitioners Against Closure of Kill O’ The Grange Cemetery 1864, published in 1998 by the Genealogical Society of Ireland – This publication was created by Annette McDonnell. You can read the full text of the petition and see the names of the petitioners both in order of their inscription and alphabetically. Kill O’ The Grange Cemetery is an ancient burial ground surrounding the ruins of one of the earliest Christian churches, St. Fintans.
- Baldoyle Census Extracts 1901, published in 1998 by the Genealogical Society of Ireland – This publication was compiled by Marie Keogh. Baldoyle was part of the former County Dublin and was a maritime parish in 1901. It was 1,236 acres in size, with 27 of those acres in the village. For the census, the area was broken up into five areas.
- Glasthule, Harold (Boys) School Registers 1904-1948, published in 1998 by the Genealogical Society of Ireland – This publication was compiled by Eithne Guilfoyle. Included are the names of boys, sorted alphabetically, from two school registers of pupils entering the Boys’ School from 1904 to 1948.
- Dalkey, St Patrick’s School Registers 1894-1970, published in 1999 by the Genealogical Society of Ireland – Annette McDonnell compiled this publication. Since 1888, the school’s teacher was Miss Anna Maria Kidd. St Patrick’s would remain a one-teacher school until the 1950s. As enrollment grew at the start of the 1960s, the school was subsequently enlarged. The National Archives holds lists of students from 1894 up until 1970 – one register for boys and one for girls. Admission dates, addresses, parents’ names, and religious denominations were also recorded with the students’ names.
- Blackrock Urban District Area Census Index 1901, published in 2000 by the Genealogical Society of Ireland – This index was compiled by Marie Keogh. The index is not an exhaustive list of everyone in each family in the census. However, the inclusion of addresses and other key fields should aid in tracing any ancestors who lived in the area at that time.
- Howth, Sutton, Kilbarrack & Baldoyle Census Index 1901, published in 2002 by the Genealogical Society of Ireland – This index was compiled by Marie Keogh. Broken up into two parts, the first index covers the 1901 census for Howth, Sutton, and Kilbarrack, and the second index covers the 1901 census for Baldoyle. This publication includes extracts from Lewis’s Topographical Dictionary 1837 and Thom’s Directory 1902, as well as county and country codes and explanations of column headings.
- Dun Laoghaire, Rathdown Memorial Inscriptions, published in 2008 by the Genealogical Society of Ireland – The memorial inscriptions in this collection pertain to the smaller graveyards in the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County area.
Findmypast add GSI journals for Dublin
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Things that happen.