POSTED BY: DANLIBPAT JANUARY 14, 2016
I found these recently in a Genealogy discussion group – not only did they make me laugh, but I could relate very closely to all of them! Hope you enjoy these as much as I did:
1. If you guys can just stop using the same name for son-father-grandfather-etc, that would great.
2. On a similar note, there’s more girls’ names to choose from than just Mary, Ann, Elizabeth or Sarah. No, Mary ann and Sarah Ann don’t count.
4. What’s with the death stare? You don’t have to smile on photos but try not to look like you’re about to be shot.
5. Cursive Script (joined up writing to you and me). It’s stylish and all I admit, but maybe you can spare a passing thought for those poor souls who have to read it? Seriously, my doctor’s prescriptions are more legible than your marriage banns.
6. Finally, thanks for giving me a hobby that simultaneously makes me the family geek and the family archivist. I especially enjoy being told I must be wrong about Uncle Whatever being an illegitimate convict and adulterer, despite 5 scan-supported citations.
Keep it classy guys.