NAME Elm Grove
AREA LOCATION Blackrock, junction of Carysfort Avenue and Stillorgan Park.
MAP LOCATION OSI maps of 1838-1845 and 1898-1913 place it in the townland of Stillorgan Park.
GENERAL A substantial house, part of it's land was given over to the building of All Saint's National School. In 1827 the house was for sale on eight acres and was described as as having two sitting and four bedrooms. It also had stabling for four horses and it was enclosed within a stone wall. It's gatelodge was demolished pre 1907.
VALUATION No PLU valuation found, in the 1911 census it is noted as having 14 rooms occupied by family.
SOURCES Thom’s directories, contemporaneous newspapers, NAI Census & Wills
1836 - 1848 J.W.C. Richards
1828 - 1837 Mrs. Richards
1855 M de Burg Graff (French Consul)
1858 Lady Emily McKenzie
1866 Mrs William Cosgrave (widow)
1876 Mason Family
1895 Lesley Follett Jones
1897 Robert Edward Follett Jones
1895 - 1911 Lucy Follett Jones
1977 - 1978 7 Houses built in the grounds
1828 John Lynch - Porter/Gatekeeper
1849 Thomas Brady - Gatekeeper
1901 Annie Fitzsimons - General Domestic Servant
Paul Byrne - General Domestic Servant
1911 Mary Fagan - General Domestic Servant
Patrick Murphy - Gardener
CONTRIBUTOR © June Bow & Karen Poff
DATE May 2017